(Frequently Asked Questions)
If you have technical issues with Citizens' View, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll get back to you within 24-48 hours.
If you want to contact The City of Calgary about Citizens’ View, please click here.
If you want to contact The City of Calgary for a request for service or information not related to Citizens’ View, please click here.
Citizens’ View FAQs
Q: What is the Citizens’ View?
Citizens’ View is an online panel that allows citizens to participate in shaping City of Calgary programs and services through surveys, discussions and engagement activities.
Q: Why should Calgarians join Citizens’ View?
It’s no secret that life is good in Calgary, but as Calgarians, we can all play our part to make this city even better. Calgary’s population is diverse and Citizens’ View makes it easier for a wide range of Calgarians to share their thoughts and opinions on topics that matter to in our community.
Q: How does it work?
When you register for Citizens’ View, you will be asked to complete an initial survey to help us get to know you better. The survey will take 5-8 minutes to complete. Once you have completed the survey you will be sent an email confirming your registration.
Once you are registered, you will have an opportunity to:
· Participate in surveys, approximately once or twice per month;
· Join online discussions;
· Provide valuable input on a variety of topics;
· Receive information and updates on upcoming events and service improvements.
Q: Who can participate?
As long as you are a Calgarian over the age of 18, you are eligible to sign up for Citizens’ View. The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requires The City to get an individual’s consent to collect information from him or her. As a minor is not able to provide consent, only Calgarians 18 years of age or older can join the panel.
Q: Why does The City of Calgary have a research panel?
Online panels can be more cost-effective than traditional research techniques and offer the benefit of a quick turn-around and the ability to utilize visual or audio elements. While online research cannot replace traditional methods, it is an effective and efficient way to gather information from citizens, enhance dialogue and encourage citizen participation.
Citizens’ View complements The City’s existing research and engagement tools by making information sharing more transparent, accessible and interactive for citizens. Citizens’ View is timely and cost-effective and will make it easier for citizens to share their views about life in Calgary and understand how their input is used.
Q: Will the panel be used for all City of Calgary surveys?
The City of Calgary has a Corporate research team that gathers the information needed to determine the best methodology for City research. Various factors – including, but not limited to, the research objectives, type of data needed, target population, timing, and intended use of the research results – determine whether or not the panel is the appropriate tool.
- How often will I be contacted as a panel member?
- On average, you will be contacted once or twice a month by email to participate in a survey or discussion group. You can also log in and check your available surveys on the home page.
- When I click on a survey link from my email invitation, I cannot connect to the survey. What should I do?
- If clicking on the link does not let you access the survey, copy and paste the link into your browser. The link may be cut across two lines or more. If it is, you may have to copy and paste each line separately. If you still cannot access the survey, please contact us.
- What should I do if I’m having trouble/technical difficulties taking a survey?
- If you experience difficulty with the link or any part of the survey experience, please contact us. Please include as much information as possible. We will look into the matter and get back to you within 24-48 hours.
- What computer settings are required to participate in surveys?
- For ease of use while accessing our surveys, we recommend the following settings on your computer:
- Have cookies enabled on your computer.
- Have Flash player 7 or higher version installed (to view videos).
- Have Java Script enabled.
- Be able to receive emails in HTML format.
- How do I log in to Citizens' View?
- Log in by entering the user name and password you selected during the membership survey.
- What if I forget my password?
- For privacy reasons we do not have access to your password.
If you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking on the "Forgot your password?” link on the login page. Enter your email address, and an automated email will be sent to you with a link to reset your password.
- How do I change my password?
- To change your password, click on “My Settings”, go to the Personal Profile tab, click on the Password section, enter your new password and click “Change My Password”.
- How do I change my email address?
- To change your email, click on “My Settings”, go to the Personal Profile tab, click on the Email section, enter your new email and click “Change My Email Address”. You will receive a verification email at that new address. Just follow the instructions in that email and you’re set!
- How do I unsubscribe from Citizens' View?
- To unsubscribe from Citizens' View, click on "My Settings", go to the Preferences tab, click on the "End Membership" link on the Unsubscribe section.
- What information is available in the “My Settings” section?
- The options available in the “My Settings” sections are:
- Change your email, password, and personal information.
- Change your viewing preferences.
- Unsubscribe from Citizens' View.
If you would like any additional information that is not available to you please let us know, and we will assist you.
- How is my personal privacy protected?
- How is my personal information used?
- Information such as name, birth date and income are factors we use to select panelists for a survey. Without them, we are not able to select specific groups for surveys (for example, people of a certain age), or balance our results according to the census data and have statistically accurate survey results.
Please remember that this kind of information will always remain confidential, and will never be communicated to anyone outside Ipsos, not even to our clients or survey sponsors. The information you provide is only used for research purposes, and to determine who is best suited for a survey. As a member of CASRO, ESOMAR, MRA, and MRIA, the top global market research organizations, and approved by TRUSTe (www.truste.com) we are committed to the highest standards of quality research and ensure your complete anonymity and privacy.
- If you have technical issues with Citizens' View, please send us an email at email@example.com. We’ll get back to you within 24-48 hours.
- If you want to contact The City of Calgary about Citizens’ View, please click here.
- If you want to contact The City of Calgary for a request for service or information not related to Citizens’ View, please click here.